Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stealthy Ninjaness

Regularly, Binderclips and I argue (playfully, not real arguing) about who is more ninja-ish (ok, so I claim to be a ninja and he claims to know Kung Fu). To answer your first question of whether either of us is trained in the martial arts, that answer would be a big fat no. We both understand this, however I have to believe I have a ninja inside just waiting to come out (if ever necessary).

I also want to add that I do have a tendency to argue with Binderclips over things that are, well, for lack of a better word - fapalack. In fact, on many occassion I have claimed to be having a "tall day" - I'm 5'4" and he's 6', so that doesn't ever go over well either.

Anyways, usually our conversations about this topic go like this:

Me: "Can I ask you a question?" I say, as we are doing our grocery shopping

Him: Sure, what's up?

Me: Do I intimidate you with my stealthy ninjaness sometimes?

Him: Well that depends, are you intimidated by my known knowledge of Kung Fu?

Me: "No, and let me tell you why - you don't know Kung Fu. So, let's get back to the more pressing part of this conversation, the part about you being intimidated by my stealthy ninjaness. It's ok to feel intimidated, I imagine a lot of people are intimidated by ninjas and their ninjaness." I say, again as we are grocery shopping. At this point we are at the meat counter and other people are standing around waiting also, btw.

Him: He glares at me and says  "Nothing about you is stealthy"

Me:  I'm sure you meant to say "everything" instead of "nothing"

Him: Don't make me go all Kung Fu on you right here in the store

Me: "Try it and you'll get one quick, swift karate chop to the neck" I say

It's at this point that we walk up to the check out lane to have the cashier give us both a strange look. We both glare at each other for a moment with a kind of 'until-we-meet-again' look, then look back at the cashier and both give her a friendly smile.

I think 'this round goes to HulaBuns', while I'm certain he's thinking 'chalk this up to another round for Binderclips'. We decide not to continue the conversation until later when he throws and hits me with what I like to call the dogs' "dead animal toy" in the face. More on that later, however I'd like to leave you with this picture as a parting gift for now:

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how I would identify the two of you if I ever ran into you in public (seeing as how we both live in KS and could possibly be neighbors). Now I know to look for the tiny ninja and the 6 ft tall non-Kung-fu expert karate chopping one another in the grocery store. Thanks for the tip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I never realized how identifiable we would be by our craziness alone! LOL Yes, if you see a ninja with a 6 ft tall majorly-non-Kung-fu expert (and yes, the "majorly" is totally necessary) trying to ka-raa-tay chop each other- you have found us. :D

    ReplyDelete