...awards are the best and so very fitting for me (since I'm a little fruity at times), don't ya think?
TB over at Year 31 has given me the Cherry on Top Award! YAY! Thank you so much, TB!
To accept this award, here's what I must do:
1. List three things that I love about myself
2. Share a picture of me, and
3. Nominate five other blogs for this award.
Seems easy enough!
Three things I love about myself:
1) I have no problem laughing at myself. I mean, let's face it, I do a lot of stupid stuff that results in me embarrassing myself....if you have this quality, I think it should be a requirement that you know how to laugh at yourself. Don't get me wrong, I haven't always been able to laugh at myself. For a long time there I took things waaaay to seriously. But, I've learned that fully experiencing a situation with an open mind and heart is much better than closing myself off because I've embarrassed myself AND I end up having A LOT more fun that way too!
2) I'm VERY easily amused. It's definitely not hard to make me laugh and I tend to have a good time no matter what I'm doing.
3) I try to practice self caring rather than selfishness - always. Most of the last 10 years of my life have been centered around me trying not to be selfish. Strange? Maybe. The reasoning for it was that I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by some very selfish people growing up. I say "fortunate" because I learned a great deal from these people, unfortunately most of it was how I didn't want to be, but I still learned a lot from them. However, in trying to be soo different and not be selfish at all I, many times, forgot to consider myself. That's where self caring comes into the picture. It allows me to consider others, however, not at my own expense. I've just recently adopted this perspective and I'm a much happier person because of it!
Here's a recent picture of me:
|What?! I was just helping the man with his rod. Geesh!|
Bernie at One Mixed Bag
Climb2nowhere at Climb 2 Nowhere
Gina Dollface at Georgina Dollface
Missed Periods at Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares
Vince at Reeds
Later gators! I hope you have a great day today!