Monday, November 29, 2010

Randomness...

1) First, this is what I'm wearing today:

It reads "Wood is Good"
and in the small print below that it says "Protect Our Rainforests" - Pervs ;)


You like? I'm a big fan of this shirt. In fact, I would've bought 2 if they had 2 in my size but sadly they didn't.

2) Binderclips' quotes from this weekend:

"I like beaver not Bieber"*

3) Hulabuns' quotes from this weekend:

To Binderclips "I'm not sure I'm prepared for something that size"**

4) This past weekend Binderclips was driving me, my sister-in-law, her husband, and our niece (she's 4 years old) around. While going around one of the corners to get on the expressway our niece raised her hands like she was on a roller coaster ride. So, what did my sister-in-law and I do (we were in the backseat with her)? We joined in and raised our hands too.

5) When Binderclips and I get mad at each other we "hug it out" to get over it. You should try it, it actually works. The only requirement is that one of you has to say "Come on, let's hug it out" (preferably in an angry tone) to the other.

6) Yesterday my horoscope read: 

Your sex appeal is evident to everyone. Attracting admirers is as simple as gazing into a victim's eyes. 

When I showed Binderclips it, he laughed hysterically then said "Your astrologist must be a comedian." A couple minutes ago he sent me a text that read "Be sure not to look Turner (our dog) in they eyes. with ur sex appeal that could be a dangerous event."

7)  If while driving, you and your spouse are having a disagreement and you decide to wave at the guy dressed up as a leprechaun who's advertising the local income tax preparation services, the disagreement will most likely dissipate immediately. Just an FYI.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Later gators!

*It's not what you think. Ok, maybe it is.

**This is actually not what you think. No, really, it's not. It was about a watch, the face on it was ginormous and I seriously was not prepared for the size. It kind of was like a punch in the face. :)

PS TB - this is as good as our PhotoBooth software gets for turning off the mirror image, at least you can read it now. Thanks for the suggestion!

20 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you were turning this into a SEXY blog! Woohoo!

    You should really turn your webcam off off "mirror-image" before you take pictures of words. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! See the new photo, that's as good as it gets with our Photo Booth software. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I would love to follow your advice, but I don't want to hug it out with binderclips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you crack me up!

    And Buckethead and I hug it out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would prefer not to hug it out with JJ too. Judging by the fact that you have a wife, I'm thinking there's a pretty good (darn good) chance your a man (not that I hold anything against other men... It's just the hug-it-out thing doesn't go so well when applied to two people of the same gender).

    I would have to recommend that you replace my name with said wife's name (your wife's, not mine).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would be so much fun to hang out with....whatcha doing for BlogHer weekend next year? I'm putting together a group of fun gals! Me and you and those tshirts, we'll rule that BlogHer shit I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At what age does that type of Tee stop being slutty and become ironic. You know 'Juicy' struck on some eighteen year old's rear is just slutty. Ditto some college chick working at Hooters. While 'heavy lode' on some thirty-five year old preggers lass morphs in the mind to 'heavy load' with accompanying Beeeeep Beeeeep.
    What is he getting at I hear you say. Well it's not the Mutton dressed as Lamb. No, that's either a laugh or ridiculous entirely. What I'm on about is that edge of bittersweet that you see sometimes. Think, the male Chicago Bears supporter at about 38 in the Jersey of the team. His wife having put his name on the thing. Well that's the male version, or one of them anyway. There is a point where he should hang the jersey in the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Yes, there is nothing like waving at some poor fool on the sidewalk wearing a costume, to make you realize just how lucky you are! Whatever you are arguing about, it's probably not as bad as what that guy in the sweaty mascot costume must be feeling as people drive by, honk at him, swear at him, try to tip him over, etc, etc! - G

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to wear a shirt like that when I hug it out. (Can I just yell that to someone on the street? Does it work with good looking strangers?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. JJ: That's understandable! LOL

    JPO: Thanks! So glad we are not the only ones! I really think it works. :)

    Cloudia: Aloha to you. I hope all is well in Hawaii. If it's any consolation I wish I was there, we have flurries here today!

    Sandra: I was thinking the same about you actually! I would be interested. Where and when is it? We would soo take over with our "Wood is Good" mantra, well and you would have to excessively use the words "vulva" and "vagina" too. lol

    Vince: :-| Two things: 1) I think you ARE a mind reader with the "What is he getting at" ;) and 2) I feel like I should note that I did have a sweatshirt over it (a MI State sweatshirt, of course). I'm with you on the Juicy stuff though, well and you couldn't pay me to wear something like that (especially across my arse). I actually don't have a whole lot of shirts like that, but I am a tree hugger (like BIGtime) - so I have lots of save the environment shirts, just so you know. :)

    Georgina Dollface: Hehehehehe...glad you found it as amusing as I did! After I did it Binderclips just looked at me and said "Really?". All I said was "what? He was waving at me." lol

    BB: LMAO!!!! Yes, definitely try it with strangers but be sure to let me know how it goes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah well, in a former life I worked as a landscape designer. We should get on then, you being a tree-hugger.
    But my question wasn't about your Tee exactly, which lets face it is a rip off of Hooters. It's to do with when, 'when', in the trip of the average woman will something stop being slutty and become ironic. Which drifts into the sharp wool twin-set and pearls in teal, buttercup or Coquelicot depending on the political orientation in the next step.
    Going back to Hooters Tee -we don't have such establishments here btw- which is slutty on a 22yo but somehow ironic on a 35yo. Or my earlier Bears Jersey example. There are windows for this type of thing.
    P.S. I'm very much not gay btw.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vince: Good point and the answer (to me) is hopefully at my age (which, I conveniently forgot to mention) is when they become ironic and not slutty. ;) LOL to your PS comment. Although for some reason I had already gathered that, the outdoorsiness (of course it's a word) maybe clued me in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you are too funny. I'm loving the t-shirt...and you KNOW that people are NOT thinking about the rain forests first!

    Here's to big-faced watches and lovable hubbys-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wood IS Good, but morning wood is the best kind of wood. (Sorry, it's been a while for me. I find a stiff wind interesting these days.)

    @Vince 'At what age does that type of Tee stop being slutty and become ironic.' LMAO!! Ya, I can just see some of my older male friends wearing "Wood is Good" - almost as a prayer of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I laughed out loud at the "Let's hug it out" in an angry tone. An angry tone. Ha! That IS a cute shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hug it out. I like it. I also like waving at a guy dressed up as a leprechaun, but I guess you can't always count one being there when you're arguing in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is a tough crowd - but very funny!

    BTW, Binderclips, yes I am male. Yes, I have a terrific wife!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny stuff. Love the hug it out idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, its like reading about me and the Mr. That "hug it out" thing should be fun to try. I think the look on his face will be priceless. I stumbled on you and am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete