Friday, August 31, 2012

Dangerous Rhymes Lead to Dangerous Minds?

Hello out there in blog world! I hope everyone is doing well. Binderclips and I have been really busy with our little darling Baby G. She's growing soo fast I just can't believe it! She now crawls at warp speed (and that's at her slowest pace)...needless to say, she's keeping us very busy constantly chasing her around.

We've been reading to her a lot and she loves Dr. Seuss. Recently I read Fox In Socks to her. When I opened the book the message in the picture was on the first page. When I read it I thought 'oh that's funny, just like good 'ol Dr. Seuss to put a message like that in a book' (like we're friends or something).

Anyways, what I learned was to take Dr. Seuss seriously. When it comes to rhyming he puts Lil Wayne (or any rapper) to shame. He doesn't play around when it comes to rhymes. Seriously.

I double dog dare you (if you have never read that book before or haven't in a very long time) to read it the first time without struggling or making any mistakes. I am totally not kidding.

Let me know how it goes too. I wish you luck because you will need it!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

Later gators!

3 comments:

  1. We don't have FOX IN SOCKS, but I do remember that it's a tongue twister. My least favorite is ONE FISH TWO FISH RED FISH BLUE FISH, just because it's so darn tedious. I always tried to skip a few pages, but The Kid always noticed or caught me.

    On the other hand, I have a deep love for THE CAT IN THE HAT, possibly because I have it memorized and can think of other things while I read it, but it's also a nice story. :) I wish Hollywood hadn't ruined that movie a few years back with Mike Meyers. I'll always prefer the old cartoon version, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost!!!. I think blogger cut out a section someplace in the middle.

    Glad to know the little one is doing her job and keeping you both under tight management.

    I hoped you were well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to babysit some kids that always chose Fox on Socks for their bedtime book because they knew it took me a good 20 mins to try and get through it!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete