So, where did I leave off last time I posted? Oh yeah that's right, our little Baby G had just arrived!
Since then a lot has happened but let me share with you the experience we had getting her newborn pictures taken (and let this be a lesson to all of you possibly wanting to do the same thing in the future). Here is the chain of events:
- We show up, photographer insists Baby G is naked
- Baby G is now naked and pissed (majorly pissed)
- We try to get some pictures of her on her belly, she screams as if she is being tortured
- We decide to stop doing that
- Photog decides Binderclips needs to hold Baby G with her hands and head on his shoulder. She's still naked at this point. Binderclips cannot be seen in the photos since he's wearing black and the background is black and the photog is taking the pictures very close up. This is a good thing.
- As soon as the photog starts snapping pictures a yell is heard from Binderclips
- Upon further examination it is discovered that Baby G has peed ALL OVER Binderclips
- The fun doesn't stop there
- The photog continues to snap pictures and another yell is heard from Binderclips... this time just slightly more urgent
- Upon another examination it is discovered that Baby G has pooped ALL OVER Binderclips (Quick note here: Baby G is being breastfed. Breastfed baby poop is usually very runny and it was in this case, just fyi.)
- We decide to take a break to clean her and Binderclips up
- As soon as we clean her up I feed her a little bit and am holding her trying to comfort her (maybe for approx. 15 minutes).
- I hand her to Binderclips who has just gotten cleaned up
- As soon as she's in his arms she poops all over him again
- As I decide to go clean up the poop that has landed on the ground I'm crouching under Binderclips and Baby G who are standing above me. At this point I realize I could get pooped or peed on, so I move.
- Not even a second after I move Baby G proceeds to pee all over Binderclips
- We all laugh hysterically
Now I know Baby G is not going to enjoy this story being shared once she gets old enough to read but, seriously? How could I not share it? Right? Any who, I'll leave you with some of the pictures taken that day. I will try to post more frequently but I'm not making any promises. Later gators!
|photos taken by Olga Thomas Photography|