Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bell Ringer



In honor of Cals and Bubs (aka Callie and Turner), today I made up a song. You know that song Dream Weaver by Gary Wright (if not, listen to it here)? Specifically, this part of it:


Ooooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light


I feel I should also mention that Binderclips and I trained the pups to ring a bell to let us know when they need to go outside. Here is a link to the bells that we have, we bought them from a company called Poochie-Bells. It was really easy to train them, all you have to do is ring the bell prior to going outside and they learn (via Pavlov's response) if they ring them they get to go outside - and almost start ringing them immediately to let you know. 


So, Turner inspired me to make up this song after ringing the bell VERY obnoxiously SEVERAL times, I should also mention that. So, this is what I came up with:


Oooooh, bell ringer
I believe you want to pee outside
Oooooh, bell ringer
I believe you need me to be your guide


My version has been stuck in my head ever since. Hopefully it's not in your head now and if it is, I encourage you to make up your own version. Singing about the dogs wanting to go pee outside is probably not normal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment